[evlatests] Holography -- We have it right at last!

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 29 11:48:44 EDT 2017

     We are now sure that we have all the coordinates, signs, and
orientations correct now.  Mike and his crew partially raised a panel #8
in ring #3 yesterday.  Due to weather, he was only able to raise the
upper two corners of that panel.  But this was enough.

     We ran the holography survey program last night.  Despite the
steady moderate wind, the phase stability was really excellent! The
amplitude stability, however, was not so good -- but was good enough for
the purpose.

     Attached is the panel image for ea18 at 14.5 GHz.  The three
displaced panels are obvious, and (with the suitably modified version of
the HOLOG program) are in exactly the right places with the correct
signs.  One can even see that for the newly displaced panel, the offset
is on the upper side.  Also attached is Mike's drawing showing the
displaced panels.

     We are ready for the final survey at Ka-band.

     Rick