[Pafgbt] PAF beam spacing on the GBT for a pulsar survey

Paul Demorest pdemores at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 13 11:52:43 EDT 2010

Rick,

At this level, I think it's kind of a matter of opinion.  I know we had a
few emails expressing varying thoughts on the topic already ;)  However,
survey speed is definitely the most commonly used metric for these
comparisons.  We could always try it both ways, maximize survey speed vs
maximize expected number of sources and see how different the answer is..

-Paul