[mmaimcal] draft results of holography sensitivity calculations

Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
Mon Dec 6 12:19:08 EST 2004

i haven't been following this entire discussion very closely, but in
skimming jeff's last reply ran across the appended statement, with which
i disagree.  seems to me you will always want to do the final panel
setting via interferometric holography.  gets you around some of the
potential errors from doing it from a tower (near field; ground clutter;
optics differences [if done with a special holography rx]; etc...).
with the sensitivity of ALMA, you'll be able to find bright enough
sources (certainly the SiO masers at least).

whether you want to set the panels up at the high site or not is an
operational/safety issue...

	-bryan