[fitsbits] exposure time - resolution

Tom Kuiper kuiper at dsnra.jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 5 15:01:36 EDT 2000

> Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 13:45:04 -0400
> From: Eric Greisen <egreisen at nrao.edu>
> To: fitsbits at cv.nrao.edu
> Subject: [fitsbits] exposure time - resolution
> It seems to me as if the two questions are actually related.  The
> integration time is a form of resolution - be it smaller or greater
> than the increment on the, in this case, time axis.  Would it not be
> better to propose a set of keywords as general guides to the
> resolution, even with the variation with space/frequency/?? issues,
> than to invent new keywords for each type of axis and implementation?

My sentiment exactly.  When I started digging into this last week, I was
looking for a keyword that apparently doesn't exist, but could be named
something like CRESLx, which would be the full width at half maximum
of the instrumetal response along the coordinate x.

Has this ever been discussed?

Cheers

Tom

--
Internet:       kuiper at DSNra.JPL.NASA.gov (137.79.89.31)
SnailMail:      Jet Propulsion Lab 169-506, Pasadena, CA 91109