Viewing DSS Fits Files

Tom McGlynn tam at silk.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed May 6 10:35:25 EDT 1998

Since Gordon mentioned that he got his images from
SkyView (presumably http://skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/skvbasic.pl
i.e., skvbasic not skybasic) I downloaded FITSview to my Windows/NT
machine to check things out.  I had no difficulty reading
either the uncompressed or compressed images from SkyView into
FITSview.

FITSview did seem to be a very nice and powerful tool
for displaying FITS image data and I anticipate that I will
be using it now that I've downloaded it onto my PC.

		Tom McGlynn
		SkyView PI