PDF vs Postscript : END

Frederic Taugwalder taugwald at cco.caltech.edu
Mon Sep 29 20:46:13 EDT 1997

 Hi guys,

Sorry to have been the origin of this discussion, my question was purely for
ease of use. I didn't intent to replace Postscript by Acrobat. Nevertheless
I would welcome the availability of the two of them in tolerance and for the
ease of use of everybody.
Since then I installed the last version of Ghostscript 5.03/Ghostview2.2
wich did the job I wanted very efficiently. Since the last version I had,
the installation process have been dramatically improved.

Concerning Acrobat, we use it to post documents with right restrictions,
through emails, these documents being mainly engineering reports with
formulas, charts and pictures. Acrobat is after my opinion and experience
the best solution for this, it include compression, viewer for almost all
platforms, and printing document to this format (or exporting them) is very
easy. To exchange document between Unix, Windows and MacIntosh, Acrobat is
very cost effectiv.

Hope the discussion will be more oriented now on FITS format ?

Enjoy life
Fred