[evlatests] Thursday Test Meeting

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 6 17:56:13 EST 2012

    All:

    The monthly engineering/scientific test results meeting will be held
this Thursday, Nov 8, at 10AM in Rm 317.  Topics that will be reported
on are (so far):

    1) PDif compression improvements.  Keith is making power level
adjustments today to three receivers, and we hope to make on-off moon
tests tonight to measure the improvement in linearity.
    2) A test of a few antennas running on three, rather than four,
compressors has been done, and data have been taken to measure the loss
of sensitivity.
    3) The new thermal gap has been put in place on three L-band
antennas, and the improvement in sensitivity measured.  Results match
expectations quite well.  Results will be shown.
    4) The latest 3-bit sampler characteristics are measured.  We will
discuss the criteria for ranking the order in which samplers will be
brought back for investigation/repair.

    Please let me know of other results that can be presented and/or
discussed.

    Rick