[evlatests] Offset between data and flags?

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 2 11:53:11 EDT 2012

    I ran a test script last night, observing three strong sources
sequentially.  The sources are sufficiently separated that about 1
minute of slew time was needed for each source change to get on source.
I used 3 seconds on-line averaging.  Examining the data carefully
revealed an interesting offset:

    For every one of the 20 or so scans (no exceptions!), the on-line
flagging was 3 seconds off, in the sense that there was one good
3-second record at the beginning that was (probably) erroneously
flagged.  Admittedly, this is a pretty small issue.  But is it possible
we have a timing offset between the flagger and the data, when time
averaging is applied?