[evlatests] A remarkable relation!

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 14 16:14:27 EDT 2011

    Ken has done a preliminary setup for the 'spectral sweep', using a
subset of 12 antennas.

    I looked at the S-band data produced -- less than a minute in
duration -- looking for the 128 MHz comb.  It wasn't hard to find -- the
one I checked is at 2688 MHz (21 * 128).

    The RFI was seen on many baselines, all of them connected to
antennas 6, 8, and 10.  The three baselines amongst these three antennas
had by far the strongest RFI.  These three antennas are located at N24,
N28, and N32!  So we can be sure that the 128 MHz comb doesn't come from
the site, or any building there.  I suspect the 128 MHz comb emanates
from antenna 10 ...