[evlatests] A few other SY issues

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 8 15:53:48 EDT 2011

    (I promise to stop bombarding this list with these things for the
rest of the day ...)

    A few other oddities were noted in today's short test:

    L-Band:

    Antennas 6 and 15, in the BD IFS had very low power (both PSum and
PDif).  The former about half of normal, the latter about 1/30 of normal.

    C-Band:

    Antenna 4, IF 'C' has power about 1/10 of the normal value.
    Antenna 16, IF 'D' changed its power level by a factor of 5 midway
through the test.  This also happened -- twice -- at X-band (data taken
at a different time).  Were we not in 'set and keep' mode (and even if
we weren't how could these power levels change so often and by such
large amounts?
    Antenna 18, IFs 'A' and 'C'.  Both PSum and PDif are too noisy -- by
factors of hundreds, if not thousands!!!!!

    Antenna 11:  A very strange situation -- the PSum values are too
noisy by a factor of at least 100.  But the PDif values look perfectly
good...
    Antenna 13:  The noise diodes did not go on and off for this antenna
as they did for all others.  Instead of a half dozen transitions (seen
on all other antennas), this one transitioned only once...