[evlatests] Using S-band is Tough!

Dan Mertely dmertely at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 5 12:53:41 EDT 2011

A useful tracking and information program for the Sirius/
XM constellations (and others) may be found at:

http://www.n2yo.com/whats-up/?c=33

Just select the satellite you wish to track and/or get
info on.

Notice that it will also make 5 day predictions, highlighting
those passes that are within "visible" range.  This is quite
useful for strong X-band and Ku band earth resource radar SAR
satellites such as TerraSAR-X:

http://www.n2yo.com/passes/?s=31698

and CryoSat-2:

http://www.n2yo.com/passes/?s=36508

Both of which could have a significant "impact" on EVLA/VLBA
observing (instantaneously as well as possibly permanently!)
should we happen to be so unfortunate as to have
a chance, beam-on-beam event.

-Mert