[evlatests] Switched power stability at C-band

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 26 18:30:19 EDT 2011

    I have reviewed the switched power data at C-band taken in the same
run as the X-band data that I summarized a few moments ago.
    At C-band we have an *entirely* different picture.  Nearly all the
antennas provide smooth and stable PDif.  Virtually no IFs had drops,
spins, or irregularities, other than the 'non-linearity' that I have
already reported on a couple weeks ago.  (To remind, this is the
curiosity that the PDif changes amplitude when  on sources of different
amplitude, presumably due to a non-linearity in the gain response).
    This striking difference between C and X bands illustrates the
difficulty in finding repeatable 'bad behaviors'...