[evlatests] Some Switch Statistics

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 26 17:37:38 EDT 2011

    With new band switches set to arrive soon, it's useful to know which
of the current set behave most badly.

    From the X-band data taken on 3C273 (8 hour duration), I've made up
a little table of 'well behaved', 'badly behaved', and 'utterly
appallingly behaved' IFs.  Due to the narrow receiver passband of most
X-band antennas, the survey was restricted to IFs A and C only.

A)  Good (meaning, no jumps, spins, or drops).

1A, 3AC, 4C, 5AC, 6AC, 7AC, 8AC, 9AC, 10AC, 11A, 12AC, 14A, 15C, 18AC,
19A, 20AC, 23A, 24A, 27A, 28C

B) Bad (a few sudden changes of modest amplitude)

1C, 2AC, 14C, 15A, 16C, 17AC, 21C, 25A, 26A, 27C, 28A

C) Appalling (speaks for itself)

4A, 11C, 16A, 19C, 21A, 22AC, 23C (this one is *especially* bad), 24C,
25C, 26C

    Note that in this experiment, I went to X-band following C-band.