[evlatests] Results from 20-db LSC converter attenuator

Jim Jackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 14 19:04:36 EDT 2011

The level setting algorithm in the T304 may take considerably
different times depending on the starting and stopping points and
which direction the change is in.  I suspect much of the strange
timing that was seen in this test is related to this.  As long as it
ended up at the right level within a certain amount of time (I think
20-30 seconds is not unexpected), it is working as designed.

Any Antenna/IF that did not end up at the right level after the T304
ALC routine ended needs to be looked at - though the known RF
switching issues are probably the most likely culprit.

Cheers,
Jim