[evlatests] Sys Cal saga.

Rich Moeser rmoeser at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 27 13:01:20 EDT 2010

Bryan Butler wrote:
> For RSRO data (8subbands per baseband, 2bb, 2 pol) all the subb are
> identical
>> and 2 pol are also identical. This feature is present in the ASDM table, not
>> caused by BDF2AIPS. (Thanks to Josh Marvil, Steve Myers for checking this
>> in the ASDM)
>>

> the polarizations being the same is expected (see above comment), but
> they should be different for each of the subbands.  i'll check with rich
> about how he's populating that SDM table.
>
> 	-bryan

I believe I have fixed the problem related to identical values for all
subbands. The fix is implemented in the test version of MCAF and will be
included in the next release. As for the duplicate polarization values,
MCAF will continue to write the RCP value to the CalDevice table until
the noiseCal field allows for both. I have tried writing it with both
but the filler fails with a "Invalid array format" message.

--Rich