[evlatests] Sys Cal saga.

Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 27 12:24:29 EDT 2010

Vivek Dhawan wrote, On 10/25/10 21:22 PM:

> For OSRO-1 (1 subband per baseband, 2bb, 2 pol) the tables are populated
> as follows: IF1 and IF2 appear different, pol1 and pol2 are identical.

this is expected, since the SDM table only has a place for a single
polarization and we made a choice to put RCP in there.  this should
change in the near future, but i don't have a good timescale for it
(weeks would be a guess).  i suspect bill's filler reproduces the RCP
(which is in the SDM table) into the LCP part of the table in AIPS.

> For RSRO data (8subbands per baseband, 2bb, 2 pol) all the subb are identical
> and 2 pol are also identical. This feature is present in the ASDM table, not
> caused by BDF2AIPS. (Thanks to Josh Marvil, Steve Myers for checking this
> in the ASDM)

the polarizations being the same is expected (see above comment), but
they should be different for each of the subbands.  i'll check with rich
about how he's populating that SDM table.

	-bryan