[evlatests] Issues at X-band

Bob Hayward rhayward at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 17 16:15:18 EST 2010

Rick,

Antenna 13 has one of two X-Band receivers (S/N 29) that we had
modified with EVLA-style LNA's some years back (CDL couldn't fix the old
GasFET amps anymore). The old narrowband LNAs were replaced with wider
3-13 GHz InP amps. While the receiver still has the old narrow 8.0-8.8
GHz septum polarizers, some (randomly polarized) out-of-band photons
must be making it through, just like we saw with the Interim C-Band
receivers.

-Bob