[evlatests] Issues at X-band

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 17 15:51:10 EST 2010

    Examination of the X-band data from last night shows a few
interesting issues:

    Antenna 16 has cross-power low by a factor of 10 to 100.  The system
temperature about 600K -- explaining most of the low cross-power.

    Antenna 20 has the same characteristics as antenna 16, but not as
extreme -- Tsys about 300K.

    Antenna 22 is also low in cross power, with high Tsys (about 90).

    Antenna 27 has low cross power (by 12 dB) on IFs A and C only, but a
normal system temperature.  Attenuators mis-set?

    Antenna 21 claims to have a system temperature of 200K, but it is
certainly not that high, as I can see normal sky variations.  Bad Tcal
for sure.

    By looking at the bandpass solutions only, the following antennas
*appear* to be wideband (meaning, there is no high-frequency roll-off):

    7, 13, 14.

    I don't understand how 13 can have such a nice flat bandpass -- it
is not supposed to get a new receiver until March, next year ...