[evlatests] Delays; Archive data truncation.

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 16 13:39:22 EST 2010

The CQ table to which Vivek referred has the following format:

               The "CQ" table as used in AIPS
              ---------------------------------

Table name
       'CORRELATOR PARAMETER FREQUENCY TABLE'

Table header keywords:
       'NO_IF'          1 I
       'REVISION'       1 I      1 at present

col     name          format    units        Comments
   1     FRQSEL         1 I
   2     SUBARRAY       1 I
   3     FFT_SIZE     Nif I                   FFT_size
   4     NO_CHAN      Nif I                   No. of channels
   5     SPEC_AVG     Nif I                   Spectral averaging factor
   6     EDGE_FRQ     Nif D       Hz          Edge frequency
   7     CHAN_BW      Nif D       Hz          Channel bandwidth
   8     TAPER_FN     Nif C*8                 Taper function
   9     OVR_SAMP     Nif I                   Oversampling factor
  10     ZERO_PAD     Nif I                   Zero-padding factor
  11     FILTER       Nif I                   Filter type
  12     TIME_AVG     Nif F      Seconds      Time averaging interval
  13     NO_BITS      Nif I                   Quantization (no. of bits)
  14     FFT_OVLP     Nif I                   FFT overlap factor

I do not think we need all these things.  We do need the channel
bandwidth at correlation if we are to correct amplitudes for the
non-closing loss due to non-zero delays.  The VLBA correlator gives in
the CQ table the channel width after averaging done in the correlator
and the SPEC_AVG done in the correlator.