[evlatests] EDFA Status update

Jim Jackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 22 13:32:52 EST 2009

I think we have gone as far as we can with these units without
help.  We are now in contact with Tech support at JDS Uniphase.  They
are talking with their engineering staff about our problem and are
going to get back with us shortly. We are going to call them again
around noon regardless.  Their initial suspicion is that this is an
issue with the Display/Keypad unit on the front.  Both of the units
we have are over 6 years old. Through some confusion, the
display/keypad  and I/O modules apparently did not get purchased with
the spare chassis.  The power supply in the one unit definitely
failed and needs to be replaced though it is not as urgent - the
supplies in the lab and spare units both seem fine.

Whatever replacement parts we need will probably have to be ordered
from them via credit card and shipped to us (hopefully) overnight
from Canada.  The bottom line is most the EVLA will be down until we
get these parts.

Jim Jackson