[evlatests] ea08 synthesizer mystery

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 22 17:46:09 EST 2009

While trying to do an L band Widar observation ea08 was incoherent.
Checking the usual antenna things, including synthesizers, found
nothing wrong.  Eventually we went back to the old correlator
and found that ea08 incoherent in AC, but fine in BD.  Both the
L301 and L302 claimed to be working and locked.  both were rebooted,
but still no fringes.  I then started going through the bands and
ea08 worked fine at C, S, X, and K bands.  Back to L band and all
was working again.

Will anyone hazard a guess as to what is happening?  Or, what to
try if this should happen again.