[evlatests] ea08 synthesizer mystery

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 22 17:50:28 EST 2009

    In my various observations at many frequencies at all the bands,
(using the VLA correlator) I often find antennas which give no fringes
on some observations.   It is usually the case that one IFpair is o.k.,
and the other 'dead'.  At a later time, the 'dead' IFpair will spring
back to life -- only to be found to be 'dead' later on ...

    This sounds like what Ken is reporting below ...