[evlatests] Results from WIDAR 'stress' tests, Saturday afternoon.

Michael Rupen mrupen at nrao.edu
Sun Dec 20 17:48:30 EST 2009

>    4) The low sensitivity seen with antenna 27 at K-band with WIDAR is
> ***not*** seen in the VLA correlator data.   This might be interpreted
> as something caused by the formatter -- but this antenna gives perfectly
> good data at C-band through WIDAR.  So the only plausible solution (that
> comes to my mind) is in pointing.  But this would require that the VLA
> K-band observation have referenced pointing done.   Looking at the logs
> indicates this is not possible -- only one minute passed between the end
> of the WIDAR K-band test and the beginning of the VLA corrrelator test...

Neither the WIDAR nor the VLA correlator observations employed referenced
pointing -- I was trying to make these as similar as possible.

The only correlator-based oddity I know of for ea27-A (RCP) is that
this uses Station Board s001-t-1, which still does not appear on the CPCC
GUI. But there's no sign of anything odd on the Station Board GUI, and
I don't see how this could be related.  It would be mildly interesting
to know whether the amplitude of ea27's auto-correlations differs from
those of other antennas.

           Michael