[evlatests] More bad news ...

Gustaaf van Moorsel gvanmoor at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 7 16:45:35 EST 2008

Last week I showed preliminary L-band data of the rms across a
0.78 MHz band.  I took more such data since, the results of which
follow.  The data were calibrated (phase and bandpass) excluding
EVLA - EVLA baselines.  After calibration, these baselines were
unflagged again.  The original aim was to measure the effect of
aliasing on the noise across the band, but it also allows us to
compare VLA and EVLA antennas directly.

L0140.pdf shows the rms across the band in four cases (1 - all
antennas, 2 - VLA - VLA baselines, 2 - EVLA - EVLA baselines, and
4 - VLA - EVLA baselines.  The number of visibilities that went
into each image is shown in the legend.

L0140n.pdf shows the same data normalized for the number of visib-
ilities allowing immediate comparison between the antennas.  It
suggests EVLA antennas are 75% noisier than their VLA counterparts.

Gustaaf