[evlatests] Antenna 24

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 12 19:09:31 EST 2008

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Jim Jackson wrote:

> Isn't it possible for observations to take the antenna over the
> top?  I seem to remember Ken or Rick running some test observations
> some time back that did this. Can it happen in normal observing?
>
> If the vacuum pumps can start automatically and the antenna can go
> over the top automatically, we have a problem.

Pointing and baseline runs use over-the-top observations to
separate effects which otherwise would be strongly correlated.
I don't rememeber being made aware of any problem related to
the cryo system and observing over the top.  If the vacuum pump
can start automatically and antenna happens to be over the top
at the top what happens?  What has changed to require this
restriction?

We have pointing and baselines runs scheduled for Friday night
to measure parameters for all the moved antennas.  Need a request
be made now to allow it to happen?