[evlatests] transition to WIDAR in 2009

Kevin Ryan kryan at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 17 15:30:11 EST 2008

It's good to see this all laid out in writing.

On Dec 17, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Mark McKinnon wrote:
>   I. Transition from WIDAR prototype correlator (PTC) to WIDAR0:
>      March 1, 2009
>      B. The WIDAR PTC will be abandoned at this time. Boards will
>         be moved from the PTC to WIDAR0.

It would be nice if we could hang onto the PTC to use as a software/
hardware testbed - perhaps even move it into the main correlator room
eventually.  It doesn't have to be connected to antennas and I
realize we won't have boards to populate it for quite a while but, at
some point, it would be nice to 'store' a few of the spare Baseline
and Station boards in it.

Is that something we can do?

Kevin