[evlatests] end of an era

Jim Jackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 25 13:02:44 EDT 2008

I agree with Chuck, these machines have a long and important history
here - they might make a good visitor center display.  Our visitor
center needs more physical hardware on display.  I've been thinking
this may also be a good use for some scrapped VLA and prototype EVLA hardware.

As for the power - from Socorro Electric's website, the cost per
kilowatt hour for large commercial customers is 5.56 cents per KWH
excluding any of the fuel cost surcharges we've all been noticing on
our electric bills. That works out to about $240 a month to run the
MODCOMPs.  Not as big as I expected but with current budget crunches,
everything helps.

Cheers,
Jim