[evlatests] More on 12.5 MHz noise

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 17 12:10:54 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Forgive me if this is figured out--I'm just reading a
daily digest.

There's a lot of discussion about the effective integration
time being less.  BUT I don't see that discussion combined
with the fact that the cross-hands show normal sensitivity.
Thus one would need a cause that throws away ~75% of the
RR and LL data, but passes through all the RL and LR data,
right?  Are the recirculators doing something different
with the cross-hand data compared to the parallel-hand?
Could one imagine that the parallel-hand data is somehow
getting 50 MHz that includes 12.5 MHz of signal and
37.5 MHz of pure noise?

Jim