[evlatests] EVLA hardware

Rob Long rlong at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 25 20:04:02 EDT 2007

Antennas 13 and 14 had their EDFAs shut off (?)  We set their levels
correctly and saw signal to the T5s.

Antenna 13 had the D302 and the D304 replaced today.  The D302 quit
talking to the network and the D304 was a suspect in Rick's abnormal
correlated bandshape problem.

Several D351s (deformatters) did not come up after they were rebooted
and had to be power cycled (some 3 or 4 times) before they would start
up correctly.  Ant 18 D351-A would not boot up correctly.  It appears to
power on, but never configure properly.  Due to this (and no spare
deformatters at the VLA), Ant 18 is missing IF-A.

Ant 23 had another bad battery in the fire alarm system which was
replaced this afternoon. We will continue logging data and see what happens.

Rob