[evlatests] news

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 5 19:56:05 EDT 2007

I will try to summarize the important thnings that happened
yesterday and today.  Much of it is now a blur so some things
may be forgotten.

Antenna 19
was moved and seems to be working fine.  L, X and K should be
in good shape.  P band was not looked at.  Pointing is scheduled
for tonight.

Attenuator settings have been derived for a few more of the EVLA
antennas at P band.  More remain.  Wednesday I hope to find time
to test how well the SW ALC works at P band.

In Modcomp-free land:
The variable delay problem
has been solved by Barry.  A quick test this afternoon by Rick
shows that delays no longer vary with sky position.  We expect
to update the executor Wednesday.  Other phase related problems
should be examined again after the update.

The F4 alternate input switches are now set properly so that
P band has a chance of working on VLA antennas.  Psysstart
has been changed to set a suitable bandwidth for both BE filters
and FE filters on VLA antennas.  obs2script needs to be enhanced
to properly set the FE filters.  We are ready for another
Modcomp-free go at P band.

Delays and pointing
have been straightened up a little in the parameters DB.  There
were a handful of enormous errors in both delays and pointing.
In the most recent trial only antennas 16 and 21 did not work
in Modcomp-free mode while working under Modcomp control.  There
is no evidence of large pointing or delay errors, but there are
not may other ways to explain it.  After the update we should
make a concerted effort to fix up delays.  Once we are happy
with delays I think it is time for a Modcomp-free pointing run.