[evlatests] Modcomp-free: L-Band

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 14 22:44:19 EDT 2007

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Rick Perley wrote:

>    1) The first 1.25 minutes of the scan were all noise -- evidently
> the correlator was outputting data even though the antennas were slewing
> from the previous source (3c147 at P-band ) to the L-band source
> (3C84).  I thought the correlator was supposed to be turned off when the
> antennas were slewing ...

Data is not surpressed while the antennas are slewing, but it
should be flagged.  It would be interesting to look at that
because we have seen curiosities in flags today while antennas
were slewing.

I don't know that doing this was a conscious decision.  If it
is deemed desireable idcaf could probably be taught to do it.