[evlatests] Modcomp-free: L-Band

rperley at nrao.edu rperley at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 15 09:44:41 EDT 2007

Some clarification is needed here.

With Modcomps in control, I know from long experience that there are no
data available while antennas are slewing, as I have always done the test
with all flags ignored.  Either the correlator is off, or a flag not
accessible to AIPS has been used (if such a thing exists).

When filling Modcomp-free data, I note I get a continual stream of data
(with the same flag controls in AIPS turned off), regardless of whether
the antennas are moving or not.

Something is different between the systems, I claim.

Whether the correlator products should be blocked from the archive during
antenna slews is an interesting question.  I suspect not, for you never
know what the antennas might see on their journey ...