[evlatests] Modcomp-free: L-Band

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 14 19:27:07 EDT 2007

    Extremely good data, overall.   26 antennas fringed (#11 is in the
barn, and #23 was stowed).  Phases and amplitudes in general very
stable.  No 'shredded' amplitudes on any IF.  No odd phases, other than
what we expect with the correlator's delay changes, and the effects of
the atmosphere/baselines/RT phase issues.

    Notable problems:

    1) The first 1.25 minutes of the scan were all noise -- evidently
the correlator was outputting data even though the antennas were slewing
from the previous source (3c147 at P-band ) to the L-band source
(3C84).  I thought the correlator was supposed to be turned off when the
antennas were slewing ...

    2) Antenna 13, IFs B and D (IF2) was extremely weak -- barely
visible fringes.

    3) Antenna 4 had a number of large amplitude drops -- all IFs in
parallel.  The Tsys undergoes a large jump at exactly the same time.
These are both 'impulsive' events.

    4) The only 'short shallow drops' were on antenna 17, IFs B and D.

    5) Antennas 24B and D, and antenna 26B are showing small-scale
amplitude variations.  No clear origin.

    6) Antenna 19 has no Tsys data being reported!  Can somebody turn
this on, please?