[evlatests] Q band flagging

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 13 19:30:32 EDT 2007

Two of the VLA antennas, va03 and va22, are flagged at
Q band and a third, va10, should be but is not.

The reason is that the F12 monitor point 4:'221 which
indicates loss of lock takes on a erroneous value for
these antennas.  It should be 0x3fff, but instead is
0x7fff.  This is considered an alert condition by the
MIB.

Antenna 10 also has the wrong value for this monitor point
but data is not flagged.  I guess that is because the alert
server does has flushed it and the MIB has not transitioned
into alert since that flush event.  An example of a stale
non-zlert.

We have to decide whether we fix the hardware or make
the MIB more tolerant.