[evlatests] L-Band Flagging

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 2 21:28:41 EDT 2007

    I'm pleased to report that the 'stress test' has shown that all the
erroneous flagging issues identified over the past few days at L-band
have been correctly resolved.  All antennas -- except 16 -- now show up
correctly in the flagged data.
    Antenna 16 is being heavily flagged by the system, but I think
incorrectly so.  Loading the unflagged data shows that the amplitudes
and phases are fine (except for 16B, which has some special stability
problem).  The nature of this flagging is quite unlike that which
removed antennas 6, 7, 15 and 22 over the weekend.  A different problem.

    A number of antennas (both VLA and EVLA) are not quite fully settled
down when the unflagged data begin to appear.  The preceding scan was at
X-band.  When the dust settles, we will surely need to carefully review
what is causing some antennas to take so long to settle down, following
the change from any other band to L-band.