[evlatests] AD562, Sunday afternoon

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Sun Jul 1 21:41:08 EDT 2007

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007, Rick Perley wrote:

>    Loaded Dwaraka's 2nd run -- FILLM hung up -- turns out vispipe is
> broken, so FILLM is waiting for the next piece of data to come down in
> order to finish.  Operator tells me Ken is trying to get things going
> again.  He'll have to report on what went wrong, later.

Some clarification.  I left the office around three this afternoon
thinking the system was working.  Shortly after Rick wrote the
operator called and asked if I had made any progress in getting
the system to work.  Signals seem to have been crossed somewhere.

The current state of communication between the correlator and idcaf
needs understanding.  It frequently fails while in line modes and
we don;t know why.  The recipe to recover is reasinalby simple: try
switching to a file in continuum.  If that works, go back to the orginal
file; else try restarting idcaf, then go back to the original file
when it begins to work.

This is one of the things which we will need to investigate this
week.  The other is to fix the VLA subreflector monitoring problems
which Pete described yesterday.