[evlatests] AD562, Sunday afternoon

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Sun Jul 1 18:41:06 EDT 2007

    Too hot to be outside (102F), came in at 4:30 PM to see how things
were going.

    Loaded Dwaraka's 2nd run -- FILLM hung up -- turns out vispipe is
broken, so FILLM is waiting for the next piece of data to come down in
order to finish.  Operator tells me Ken is trying to get things going
again.  He'll have to report on what went wrong, later.
    I was able to load about 2  hours' data, including two good looks at
a calibrator.

    Some curiosities in these data:

    1) Antennas 13 and 16 were included, even though they have no
receivers.  Antenna 16 was flagged, but 13 was only intermittently
flagged.
    2) As on Friday night, antenna 23 is *very* erratic in amplitude.
The phases are fine.
    3) Antenna 18 is being flagged, but the data are good.  Antenna 19
was flagged at the beginning, but not after about an hour.  The data are
fine throughout.
    4) The most peculiar thing:  All EVLA antennas give no fringes in IF
'B'.  Whatever is causing this failure is not being caught by the flagger.
    5) Antenna 26, IF 'D' stopped fringing partway through the early
part of the run -- not flagged.

    All other antennas seem fine, giving good, stable fringes.