[evlatests] wrap of EVLA antennas

Claire Chandler cchandle at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 21 13:09:03 EST 2007

The observing log for K-band observations from the last couple of days
(AD556) indicate that the VLA and EVLA antennas started out in a different
wraps, and that the EVLA antennas had to unwind before our observations
began, getting on source late.

This is significant because the program before ours (AB1232, another one
of mine) specified the wrap to be used at the beginning, and I see no
evidence that the antennas were on a different wrap by the end of that
program.

AD556 did not specify a wrap at the beginning, because I thought I knew
where the antennas were going to be from the end of AB1232.  This means
that at the beginning of AD556 a different algorithm was being used to
determine which wrap should be used for the VLA and EVLA antennas, and
they came out with different answers.

Claire