[evlatests] P-Band Tsys

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 11 14:23:26 EDT 2007

    ... I have found why there are no non-zero values for Tsys in my
P-band data:

    AIPS defaults to filling the front-end Tsys for the Cassegrain
bands, and the back-end Tsys for PF bands.  In AIPS, one can reverse
this with an appropriate flag being set, which I do.  The result of this
is that I get the back-end Tsys for Cassegrain bands, and the front-end
for PF bands.  For EVLA antennas, there is no FE Tsys.

    It would be better if the back-end were filled by default for all
bands, for at least the EVLA antennas...