[evlatests] EVLA antennas

Jim Jackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 13 19:24:50 EDT 2006

The following changes have been made to the EVLA antennas today:

A T301 4P converter has been installed in Antenna 18 and (at least to us)
appears to be working.  P band should be available.  4-Band should be
available once the dipoles are installed.

The EVLA antennas have been switched over to the 5MHz signal from the VLA
LO racks.  This will allow the EVLA to follow the VLA should a backup
references be connected in the event of a MASER outage.  This added 20-30ft
of cable to the 5MHz timing to the EVLA. We're not sure whether or not this
will effect delays  but it could.

Antenna 26 did have RCP accidentally connected to both T304's. This has now
been corrected.  IF-C should now be LCP

A repaired L302 synthesizer was put into Antenna 16 IFs BD (L302-2).
Hopefully this will fix the intermittent locking problems we've been having
for the last few weeks.

The T304-a in antenna 16 has been reinstalled with a new analog
board.  This should prevent the power supply overvoltage alerts that kept
occurring in this module.  The RF section was not replaced so attenuator
settings should remain the same.

They also discovered that timing was off by 7ms.  Apparently this was an
issue with the IAT clock that probably occurred yesterday when MASER work
was performed.  This has now been corrected.

Jim