[evlatests] EVLA Hardware

Rob Long rlong at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 13 21:13:33 EDT 2006

Ant 16 has 4 IFs again.  The reference LO and timing seems to be correct
with no 'surprises' seen on the spectrum analyzer or o'scope.  I went
ahead and swapped the L302-1 (A/C) back to the L302-2 slot (B/D).  The
freshly tested and upgraded L302 went into the L302-1 slot.  I will be
interested to see if Rick's bi-state phase issue moves with the module,
stays with the slot, or disappears altogether!

I looked at the 9.6 Hz timing pulse a couple of weeks ago, but maybe I
need to see the antenna in the bad state (low SD voltage at K-band) and
check the pulse shape again.  It is an elusive problem which seems to
'fix' itself when I start probing around!

Ant 26 was declared working yesterday at L and K-band, but when I looked
at the antenna today, I could not even get the L305 to sync.  When I
looked at the T5 with a scope, the switched power was closely aligned
with the VLA 9.6 Hz (which may have tricked them) but still off by
several milliseconds.  The total power into the L305 (512 MHz plus sync
pulse) looks good on a power meter, but I don't know if the received
optical power was properly measured and set.  Unfortunately, ant 26 will
be down for the weekend until I can delve deeper next week.

Rob