[evlatests] EVLA Hardware

Rob Long rlong at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 12 19:43:01 EDT 2006

Ant 26 should have L, X, and K-bands with all four IFs.  Jerry and Mike
installed the M301 today and had to debug some wiring/fiber issues.  It
seems to be working fine now.

I had a good look at ant 13 K-band today and found no switched power and
low received power levels.  I chased through the signal path at the
antenna (and removed the extra 8 dB attenuators installed on the K-band
output) and could not improve the signal quality.  I put the spectrum
analyzer on the LO input to the K-band receiver and found nothing amiss.
  When I re-installed the LO cable and checked levels, everything looked
good!  Switched power was running in the 1.7 volt range and deformatter
statistics looked good.  I tried band changes and looked at the LO
cables closely, but could not cause K-band to fail again.  (Is it
possible that the LO multiplier was oscillating?)

If anyone gets the chance to try K-band on 13, please let me know the
results.

Rob