[evlatests] Bz for antenna 24, revisited

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 12 18:32:56 EDT 2006

    Oops!  My previous estimate for the Bz error of antenna 24 was
spectacularly wrong, for two reasons:

    a) Inspection of  a closer pair of calibrators (separated by only
2.0 degrees) gives a ~45 degree (constant) phase difference at 1275 Mhz
(and  ~60 degrees at 1675 MHz).  Hence, there is at least one full turn
of phase left out of the previous estimate.
    b) I left out a 'Delta Dec' factor.

    With these new numbers (and the proper calculation), I get a Bz
error of a remarkable 7 wavelengths at 1675 MHz, or about 1.3 *meters*.
It could be more, if there's another turn of phase missing.
    There is no sign of the sinusoidal phase reflecting a Bx, By error,
so this error has got to be some sort of database entry problem.