[evlatests] T1 VLA/AOC Failure Saturday

Rich Moeser rmoeser at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 10 10:37:05 EDT 2006

> On the Array Operator Screen, we lost the time and weather indicators;
> time recovered, but weather is still not displaying.

I get the weather data from the CMP and also "seed" the time from that
data. As always the red border indicates a communication failure; in
this case the red border around the "Weather" data indicates the
operator screen was unable to communicate with the CMP. Hichem explains
why in the email he sent out a few minutes ago.

> We were also unable
> to submit an EVLA pointing script and the device browser was not
> working.

Since there are several steps involved in submitting a script, a more
detailed description of what is meant by "unable to submit an EVLA
pointing script" would be helpful. I could use a bit more detail on the
device browser as well.

--Rich