[evlatests] Antennas 14 & 16 Warm Receivers

Pat Van Buskirk pvanbusk at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 7 15:56:46 EDT 2006

This morning, following a report of no fringes on antenna 14 from last
night, Charlie Barham discovered that the compressors were not working
in antennas 14 and 16. The C compressor was down in 16; all three
compressors were down in 14. All receivers were warm and are now cooling
down.

We did not receive any alerts and only the 300k for Q band on antenna 14
is currently in an alert state, even though the 15k and 50k stages are
above normal temperatures. Rich reset the 300k for Q band a few minutes
ago, which seemed to force it to an alert state.

Charlie also tells me that we should be monitoring the 15k stage for
abnormal temperatures, not the 300k stage, since this is ambient
temperature.

Cheers,
Pat

--
Discontent is the first necessity of progress.

Thomas A. Edison (1847-1931, American inventor, founder of GE)