[evlatests] C-Band Stability

Rick Perley rperley at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Jan 25 10:01:01 EST 2006

    I've reduced my 'flux densities' C-band data, following the same
procedures as related in my 'X-band' report.  For this dataset, the
acceptable standard of long-term stability is that the residual amplitude
gains not deviate by more than 1% (in voltage) from the average,
after correction for elevation effects (which are very, very small
at this frequency).

    By this standard, two of the six working EVLA antenna-IFs
make the grade.  Details below:

    Because of the various reliability problems and human errors,
only a small fraction  -- less than 25% -- of the antenna 14 and 16
data was useable.  (Antennas were stowed, errors in the submitted
scripts, etc.)

    14A Gain variations are ~6%.
    14C Gain variations are less than 1%, and the expected elevation
gain curve is seen.
    14B and D were not useable at this frequency.

    16A  Gain variation were ~10%.  Not good.
    16B  Variations are ~1%.
    16C  Variations are ~5%.
    16D  Variations are ~2%.

    L-band report is next.