[evlatests] evla antennas status, Jan 24 2006

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Jan 24 18:14:11 EST 2006

All three antennas were said to be working at the usual complement
of bands and IFs.  In fact almost everything was working that was
expected.

Antenna 13
About 18 km was added to the outgoing LO reference fiber and
the antenna still appears to wrok.  The returned IF fiber was
not lengthened so no delay adjustments were necessary.  Something
add changed in the L band signal path because the attenuators
in the T304s both had to be reduced by about 6 dB to get a usable
signal to the VLA.  X band seemed not to have been affected.

Antenna 14
Seemed fine.  The IF D signal looked a little too strong at most
bands but I did not adjust the attenuators as I was not sure that
the downconverter was going to remain there for long.

Antenna 16
C band was not working properly and the symptoms were what we
have seen in the past when the P band receiver was oscillating.

I had hoped to check interband collimation but got lazy.  We
should try to piggyback these antennas onto any VLA pointing and
baseline runs over the next few days.