[evlatests] Jan 10 2005, EVLA pointing

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Jan 11 12:00:05 EST 2006

> Once antenna 13 was made to work I gave up and devoted the
> rest of the time to pointing to try to improve the model for
> antenna 13 on the master pad.

There was a decent result for antenna 13.  It was off
almost two arc-min in tilt so a refinement in the future
would not be amiss.  The tilt was applied to the pad and
the collimations and encoder offset to the antenna.

Antenna 16 was included in the pointing run and provided
a surprise.  Yesterday it was pointing very badly in a
random fashion that did was not fit at all by the pointing
model.  Either it really is pointing funny, implicting the
servo system or the subreflector; or the amplitudes are not
stable, inducing large, false pointing errors.  The latter
can easily be checked.