[evlatests] EVLA, feb 12.

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at aoc.nrao.edu
Sun Feb 12 17:07:23 EST 2006

I did continuum only, about 1.5hrs of data, at 11:30-1pm.
L, C, X, K band, antennas 13, 14 16.

ant 16 IFs A,C are dead or absent - L302 troubles, as Ken reported
     earlier today. 16 B,D are good.

ant 14 all IFs, all bands behaved well to zero-th order.

ant 13 too, with fringes on all (except K) bands, all IFs.

Another small item fro yesterday's data: the EVLA-EVLA passbands,
on all IFs and bands, look pretty good (amplitudes flat, phase
curvature <20deg everywhere). Much better than the phase hook on
VLA-EVLA baselines (~150deg); but not quite as good as a typical
VLA-VLA  passband (5-10deg). This was all 6.25MHz BW, 64 chans.

There are 2 things to follow up next week, besides the L302's:

1. Closure error at L-band, IF A = RCP only. Seen Feb 11 & 12th.

2. Ant 13 at C band, IF A, has low amplitude by a factor of 1.6 compared
    to 13 B,C,D; and is more variable too. Also seen on Feb 11 & 12th.

    13 B,C,D are very good - I need to track down whether this is real
    SNR improvement (it seems to be) or just scale factor e.g. Tsys
    measured and/or applied wrongly.

   Mike Revnell's realtime spectrum display may show something on both
   these issues.

Vivek.