[evlatests] Antenna 23 Cables Removed Check

Michael LeBlanc mleblanc at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 6 21:32:07 EST 2006

To all,

I verified the cables removed from Ant 23 12/06. Please see results
below by Module type.

Other than minor issues, the cable harnesses looked good.

L302-1   Timing J3-2 wire not crimped & exposed.
                Timing J4-1 pin not seated in connector, pushed back but
not all the way out.

L302-2        No Problems
T305-A        No Problems
T305-B         No Problems
T305-D         Timing J3-2 pin not seated in connector, pushed back but
not all the way out.
T305-C         No Problems
L302-3         No Problems

I suspect that the problem we saw deals with the timing issue for cable
L302-1. The exposed wire may have shorted between the other wire and/or
bin. The main reason I believe this, is if you noticed the location of
L302-1 & where we had issues of modules not communicating. All modules
after L302-1 were not working. These module's timing signals J3 & J4
would be "daisy chained" from the L302-1.

Also no shorts and/or broken connections were found in the SLOT ID part
of the wire harnesses.

I suggest we attempt to reproduce in the Test Racks.

We installed the cables tested in Antenna 23 & all modules work
communicated & received the Slot ID.

Thanks,

Mike Le Blanc